Why is Work Permit Needed?
To work legally, a foreign employee will require an Algeria work visa and work permit. Employees who have to work for less than 90 days can apply for a temporary work visa in Algeria. However, if the work is long-term, they have to apply for a work visa.
About The Algeria Job Market
Number of Expats:
20,000 (Numbers are prone to change)
Popular Industries for Expats:
Oil & Gas industry, Finance, Education, Foreign Aid Sectors
Types of Algeria Work Visa Available
There are different types of visas available in Algeria for people visiting the country. Foreign nationals from countries like Libya, Mali, Morocco, Tunisia, Seychelles, and Malaysia don’t require a visa if they are visiting Algeria for tourism or business purposes for up to 90 days.
The major types of visas issued in Algeria are:
This is issued to foreign nationals who are visiting Algeria for business purposes. This visa doesn’t authorize the foreign nationals to work in the country and get paid by an Algerian employer.
This visa is granted to government officials or the diplomats who have diplomatic, service passports or the UN laissez-passer and are traveling for official purposes.
This Algeria work visa is issued to foreign nationals who have the authorization to work in the country for a long term.
Temporary Work Visa
This visa grants authorization to foreign nationals who have permission to work in Algeria, but for 90 days only.
This visa is issued to foreign journalists or media representatives who are traveling to Algeria.
This visa is issued to foreign nationals entering Algeria to attend a cultural, sporting, or scientific event or visit for research purposes.
Requirements for an Algeria Work Permit
The Algeria work visa requirements may differ as per the conditions. But some of the standard documents foreign applicants will require to submit are:
- An original passport which is valid for at least six months after entering Algeria.
- One blank page from the passport for visa application
- A completed and signed visa application
- A passport-sized photo taken within three months
- An invitation letter by Algerian host, which can be the employer or a travel agency
- A copy of host’s ID, consular card, or passport
- A copy of the proof of employment; company’s documents or a letter from the employer
- An adequate evidence of financial means like a bank statement or a payslip
- A copy of the plane tickets or the itinerary
- A proof of the payment of the visa fee
Eligibility For Getting an Algeria Work Visa
To apply for a work visa for Algeria, there are certain eligibility criterias which a person is required to meet. The required eligibility criteria are:
- Must be a genuine traveler with good intentions of traveling to the country.
- Must have sufficient funds to support yourself and the dependents.
- Must have a clean criminal track record for which one will be required to provide a PCC (Police Clearance Certificate).
- Must be in good health and meet all the minimum requirements as asked by the authorities.
Algeria Work Permit Application Process
The application process for an Algeria work visa may differ according to how the employee applies. If the employee is applying in person, then this will be the process:
1. First, the employee has to fix an appointment with the embassy or consulate in their native country.
2. After completing the application, they have to include all the required documents mentioned above and submit them in person at the appointment.
3. During the appointment, the employee has to answer questions pertaining to the purpose of their trip or the salary and job of the individual.
4. After the visa interview, the foreign employee will be required to pay the visa fee and wait for the processing of the application.
There are other ways an employee can apply for an Algeria work visa. For example, they can hire a proxy with a notarized authorization letter or work with an eligible visa application agency.
Work Permit Exceptions & Special Cases
Once the work visa is approved for foreign nationals, they have to apply for a work and residence permit to work in Algeria. Some of the requirements to obtain an Algeria work permit include:
- An authorized travel document
- A fully completed application form
- Two copies of passport-sized photos
- A temporary work authorization (APT)
- An updated resume/CV
- An educational certificate
- An application form for a residence permit
- A passport with a validity of at least six months
- A medical certificate
- An employer letter
How Multiplier Can Help
We’re a global EOR solution with local entities in over 150+ countries. Our aim is to make the onboarding process hassle-free for companies like you and help you onboard and manage talent from various parts of the globe. Our HR suites are created and developed by our in-house experts to provide end-to-end solutions to our users.
With our SaaS-based solution, you can raise a request for an Algeria work visa. Our team of experts will simplify the entire process – processing the application, preparing the documents prescribed in the checklist, costs, etc. Throughout the process, you will be kept updated about every progress.