We are in search of a UX Designer who possesses the ability to craft the best possible user experience when a user interacts with a product or service. You would be required to empathise with the consumer in order to bring out a creative solution right from the initial stage and translate research into wireframes and prototypes. The responsibilities would include understanding the functionality of coding and converting brand strengths into user interface. You should also be able to improve the efficiency of the product and improve customer satisfaction thereby generating profits.
Job Responsibilities for UX Designer
As a UX Designer, you will be required to build intuitive and simple user experiences. This experience is one of the most in-demand and creative jobs so far. As a UX designer, you must possess strong technical, creative and critical thinking skills. You will be required to combine the digital aspects such as computer science as well as the understanding aspects such as research psychology and storytelling. You should also be able to work in a team and bring abstract ideas to life.
- Designing various mockups, wireframes, prototypes and interfaces to make a user’s life easier.
- Consulting users and clients to understand their goals and needs.
- Enhancing user experience by crafting a product or service that fits into the customer journey.
- Testing user experiences and troubleshooting any UX problems.
- Building storyboards to easily conceptualize ideas to senior managers and various teams.
- Creating surveys for research in order to understand ease of use while working on various platforms.
- Ensuring standardisation is maintained with font,colour, image and style for consistency.
- Defining various workflows, UI specifications, and interaction models.
- Assisting with content development.
- Conducting competitor and customer analysis.
UX Designer Salaries
- A person working as a UX Designer earns USD 8,430 per month.
- The exact salary is however dependent on the company, location and nature of the employer’s business
UX Designer Job Qualifications
The basic qualifications required to be considered for the position of a UX Designer include:
- Either a Bachelor’s degree in Interaction Design, Fine Arts, Human Computer Interaction, Computer Science or related field or experience in the industry or both
- Master degree in a similar discipline preferred
- Prior demonstrated experience of at least 3 to 5 years in UX experience for multiple devices
- Strong portfolio of related projects
- Experience with complex enterprise applications
UX Designer Skills Required
A UX Designer needs to possess a variety of skills in order to be successful in the work environment – they include both job related technical skills as well as interpersonal traits.
- Proficiency in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, UXPin, Invision, Sketch, Quartz, and Balsamiq
- Understand and knowledge of UX standard
- Work in cross-functional teams to understand product vision
- Excellent IT and programming skills
- Passionate to follow UX industry trends
- Experience to design in international languages and complex product requirements
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to test usability and accessibility concern
- Knowledge of the various industry practices
- Knowledge of Human Computer Interaction Element Design
- Keen eye for detail
- Meticulous and diligent attributes
- Good understanding of end user requirements
- Ability to with professionalism and integrity
- Excellent people and managerial skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to organise projects well and efficiently plan milestones
What to expect as a UX Designer
To be a UX Designer, you must be able to work with various groups and departments to create a harmonious approach to design.
- Hands on experience with user-friendly and simple concept of products
- Opportunity to manage time and multitask efficiently
- Exposure to the design industry and its practices
- Hands on experience with wireframes, storyboard, process flows and sitemaps
- Work and collaborate with various departments and in a team
- Expert advice from professionals in the field and industry