We are in search of a UI Designer who has a keen eye for detail and is able to evaluate user experience. You would require some experience with coding to be able to build on the brand interface and increase brand strength. The responsibilities include ensuring customer loyalty and success as well as designing user interface elements. You should also be able to produce innovative solutions to make product designs simple and practical for end users.
Job Responsibilities for UI Designer
As a UI Designer, you will be expected to translate high level requirements into interactive workflows and finalise into well-functioning interfaces. You will be required to work in a collaborative and creative environment to improve visual experience. As a UI Designer, you should be able to conceptualize ideas as well as conduct research and receive feedback constructively. You should also be able to design elements such as Menus, Tabs, Forms and Widgets.
- Working with product management and engineering teams to develop innovative solutions for product experience
- Accounting for Human Computer Interaction Element (HCI) of design
- Presenting various ideas and concepts using storyboards, wireframes and process flow diagrams
- Communicating the goals and objectives of the business with clients and users
- Conducting user research and collating and acting on the feedback provided.
- Designing aesthetics for website and product such as drop downs, menus, arrows and other features
- Analysing customer responses to determining pages receiving high traffic
- Establishing brand guidelines and promoting best practices
- Improving the interface and visual feel of the website
- Optimising user interface design and testing completed applications
UI Designer Salaries
- A person working as a UI Designer earns USD 5,476 per month.
- The exact salary is however dependent on the company, location and nature of the employer’s business
UI Designer Job Qualifications
The basic qualifications required to be considered for the position of a UI Designer include:
- Either a Bachelor’s degree in Design, Fine Arts, Human Computer Interaction, or related field or experience in the industry or both
- Master degree in a similar discipline preferred
- Prior demonstrated experience of at least 3 to 5 years in creating and implementing UI design
- Strong portfolio of related projects
UI Designer Skills Required
A UI Designer needs to possess a variety of skills in order to be successful in the work environment – they include both job related technical skills as well as interpersonal traits.
- Proficiency in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, OmniGraffle and other wireframing tools
- Experience with sitemaps and user frames,storyboard tools
- Knowledge of coding and troubleshooting using HTML, CSS and other comparable languages
- Experience with Agile and Scrum Development Processes
- Knowledge of Human Computer Interaction Element Design
- Knowledge of various visual design skills
- Understanding of the CMS framework
- Knowledge of the widely used practices and trends in the industry
- Strong critical problem solving skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent people and managerial skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both verbal and written
- Work with professionalism and integrity
- Strong and keen eye for detail
- Meticulous and diligent attributes
- Ability to work under pressure
- Great user focus and understanding
What to expect as a UI Designer
To be a UI Designer, you must be able to manage multiple milestones and produce innovative solutions along with a keen eye for detail.
- Hands on experience with user-friendly concept of products
- Opportunity to manage time and multitask efficiently
- Exposure to the design industry and its practices
- Experience with wireframes, storyboard, process flows and site maps
- Work and collaborate with various departments and in a team
- Expert advice from professionals in the field and industry