We are seeking to hire a software developer to work in a constantly evolving environment and help with the development of current projects. Your primary duties would be using code to build software, fix errors by modifying software, adapt and work with new hardware, upgrade interfaces as well as improve performance. You will work with other developers and product managers throughout the software development cycle. Hence, in this role, you should be a team player who has a keen eye for detail and problem solving abilities. You must also be willing to work independently in an agile environment.
Job Responsibilities for Software Developer
As a software developer, following would be your duties and responsibilities-
- Managing, researching, implementing and designing software programmes
- Analysis, testing and evaluation of new programs
- Writing and executing systematic code
- Deciding operational feasibility
- Identifying areas of improvement in existing softwares and updating them
- Extending quality assurance processes
- Directing programming and documentation development
- Preparing project reports regarding specifications, activities or status
- Working with engineering staff to evaluate software hardware interface and performance requirements
- Gather, investigate and evaluate user feedback to make system more stable and easy
- Incorporate developed functionality into a fully functional system
- Developing software tools, processes and metrics
- Integrate software components and third-party programs
- Create technical documentation for reference and reporting
Software Developer Salaries
- A person working as a Software Developer earns USD 9,220 on average per month. Salaries range from USD 6,870 being the lowest to USD 11,360 being the highest.
- The exact salary is however dependent on the company, location and nature of the employer’s business
Software Developer Job Qualifications
The basic qualifications required to be considered for the position of a software developer include:
- Either a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent practical experience in the industry or both
- 2+ years of work experience as Software Developer, Engineer or in a relevant role
Software Developer Skills Required
Software Developers need to possess a variety of skills in order to be successful in the work environment - they include both job related technical skills as well as interpersonal traits.
- Proficient with SQL or NoSQL database
- Competent in data structure and algorithms
- Experience in designing and developing interactive applications as well as open-source projects
- Proficient with developing web apps in popular web frames such as ASP .Net, JQuery, AngularJS, Git, JavaServer Faces (JSF) & Spring MVC etc.
- Understanding of OOPS concept Persistence and Threading
- Meticulous and organised approach to work
- Logical and analytical approach to complex issues
- Thoroughness and attention to detail
- Working with text editors like Vim
- Experience with Object Relational Mapping (ORM) frameworks - (Eg. Hibernate)
- Excellent communication skills - both written and verbal
- Familiarity with agile business practices
- Resourcefulness and troubleshooting aptitude
- Desire to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to demonstrate and explain complex concepts to colleagues
- Prior practice in AWS, Azure, Google or Openstack will be an additional advantage
What to expect as a Software Developer
As technology becomes more complex, we are starting to rely more on mobile technology thus increasing the opportunities for software developers.
- Liaising with business analysts and development managers to ensure software projects meet requirements
- Prepared to learn new languages and technologies
- Match improvements and creations to user and client requirements
- With the continuous growth in the tech industry, one needs to constantly update themselves with the new programming languages and relevant changes in technology to remain in the industry.
- Requirement to provide creative solutions to solve complex problems
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment for projects
Download this Job Description
Get access to download the Job Description right away!