We are looking for a Software Architect to design choices, coordinate and look after the various technical standards such as tools, platforms and other software solutions. The responsibilities of a Software Architect involve them to lead our innovative team and working across various fields and include testing systems to ensure they meet technical standards and create quality documentation. You should be familiar with inspection techniques to be able to provide quantitative and qualitative data for quality improvement. This role also requires you to possess great expertise and knowledge in the possibility of product and technical issues.
Job Responsibilities for Software Architect
As a software architect, you should demonstrate the ability to communicate with our clients, propose solutions and develop finished products. As a software architect, you will be expected to have a strong understanding of the various software technologies and platforms available for use.
- Working with various departments such as engineering, marketing and product to understand consumer needs and propose solutions to deliver the product to them
- Formulate and use architecture documents
- Understand and test appropriate and suitable technologies for both clients and servers to deliver the right solutions
- Create detailed design plans and specifications along with the Design Team
- Document various cases of proposed solutions in Unified Modeling Language (UML).
- Working on version control and preparing a modified schedule
- Actively developing on solutions to improve the working of the system
- Ensuring software security by monitoring the sharing of private information
- Troubleshooting coding problems quickly to create an efficient and productive workplace
- Provide guidance and training materials to engineers and developers
- Keen eye for technology trends and other projects that might be used
- Develop and implement product specifications
- Presenting and curating regular reports that also include detailed milestones
- Increasing customer satisfaction by working with a team on improving the quality of products offered
Software Architect Salaries
- A person working as a Software Architect earns USD 88,000 average per year. Salaries range from USD 47,500 being the lowest to USD 133,000 being the highest.
- The exact salary is however dependent on the company, location and nature of the employer’s business
Software Architect Job Qualifications
The basic qualifications required to be considered for the position of a Software Architect include:
- Either a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or experience in the industry or both
- Master degree in a similar discipline preferred
- Prior experience of at least five years as an end to end architecture for large design projects in the SaaS industry.
Software Architect Skills Required
A Software Architect needs to possess a variety of skills in order to be successful in the work environment - they include both job related technical skills as well as interpersonal traits.
- Exposure to various industry standards such as REST, BPL, Java EE, OSGi
- Expertise in building web applications and web services and management at a scale is a requirement.
- Knowledge of datastores such as SQL and NoSQL
- Prior experience with architectural patterns for High Availability, Disaster Recovery, Security Architecture Knowledge of cloud-based architectures and deployment
- Understanding enterprise applications and front end technologies like angular, ember.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent people and managerial skills
- Knowledge of the widely used practices and trends in the industry
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both verbal and written
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Work with professionalism and integrity
- Excellent data collection and analysis skills
- Meticulous and diligent attributes
- Great customer focus and understanding
- Good team player with ability to work in a team with no or little supervision
What to expect as a Software Architect
To be a Software Architect, you must be very thorough with your work as well as help our company maintain the highest quality of standards.
- Hands on experience with various systems, hardware and software
- Opportunity to work on various projects including IT projects
- Work and collaborate with various departments and in a team
- Expert advice from professionals in the field and industry
- Reviewing and implementing various standards
Job Description Template
Do you want to read this later?