We are looking for a Quality Engineer to assist in monitoring and implementing the quality of our product processes and operations. The responsibilities of a Quality Engineer differ across various fields and include testing systems to ensure they meet technical standards and create quality documentation. You should be familiar with inspection techniques to be able to provide quantitative and qualitative data for quality improvement. This role also requires you to possess great expertise and knowledge in the possibility of product and technical issues.
Job Responsibilities for Quality Engineer
As a quality engineer, you should demonstrate the ability to identify testing method standards for quality improvement. As a quality engineer, you will be expected to design quality standards, implement inspection techniques, monitor quality standards and recommend solutions.
- Creating and implementing quality improvement standards
- Designing well-organised structured plans and test them
- Working on statistical process control by applying various charts and ranges for multi-streamline processes
- Inspecting products for bugs and troubleshooting product and production issues
- Analysing data by creating various hypotheses and performing regression tests
- Monitoring production cycle and identifying any product/process malfunctions.
- Ensuring workflow procedures comply with prescribed safety guidelines and solutions provided
- Collaborating with operations manager on the areas for improvement and control
- Applying factorial techniques and developing various experiments
- Outlining and developing automation scripts using various testing tools
- Coordinating with external auditors and quality assurance technicians to ensure legal compliance
- Increasing customer satisfaction by working with a team on improving the quality of products offered
Quality Engineer Salaries
- A person working as a Quality Engineer earns USD 83,1000 on average per year. Salaries range from USD 44,000 being the lowest to USD 126,000 being the highest.
- The exact salary is however dependent on the company, location and nature of the employer’s business
Quality Engineer Job Qualifications
The basic qualifications required to be considered for the position of a Quality Engineer include:
- Either a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field or experience in the industry or both
- Master degree in a similar discipline preferred
- Prior experience as a quality/industrial or any related role such as software development or software assurance will be preferred
- Experience with coding and QA software tools and procedures
Quality Engineer Skills Required
A Quality Engineer needs to possess a variety of skills in order to be successful in the work environment - they include both job related technical skills as well as interpersonal traits.
- ASQ certification preferred
- Prior knowledge of SQL and automation scripts
- Experience with both white box and black box testing
- Hands-on experience with Quality Management System (QMS) and testing techniques
- In depth knowledge of Agile or Scrum Development Process
- Ability to understand technical documentation
- Experience with various project management techniques
- Review documents to provide timely and regular feedback
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent people and managerial skills
- Knowledge of the widely used practices and trends in the industry
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both verbal and written
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Work with professionalism and integrity
- Excellent data collection and analysis skills
- Meticulous and diligent attributes
- Great customer focus and understanding
- Good team player with ability to work in a team with no or little supervision
What to expect as a Quality Engineer
To be a Quality Engineer, you must be very thorough with your work as well as help our company maintain the highest quality of standards.
- Hands on experience with various systems, hardware and software
- Opportunity to work on various projects including IT projects
- Work and collaborate with various departments and in a team
- Expert advice from professionals in the field and industry
- Reviewing and implementing various standards
Job Description Template
Do you want to read this later?