As the marketing specialist, you will be responsible for the inception and planning of company branding, formulation of campaigns and choosing optimum channels to achieve the desired campaign objectives. The candidates will also be responsible for conducting frequent market research, analysis of data and presentation of the meaningful points from the datasets. Moreover, they will have to continuously track ongoing campaigns and work on the feedback to make the campaigns better.
Job Responsibilities for Marketing Specialist
Here is a list of the duties for which a marketing specialist will be responsible:
- Conducting marketing surveys, collecting market information, trends, price schedules, product specialisations, demographics, etc.
- Finding meaningful data from the market researches and presenting them to the marketing teams in order to focus energy towards the important areas
- Proposing new marketing campaigns to meet the new customer trends observed from market researches
- Coordinate and work with the marketing department to come up with new marketing and branding strategies to attract new customers and penetrate untapped markets
- Identify and negotiate with media channels required to deliver the marketing and branding strategies in the most optimum manner
- Track and observe the marketing strategies and create detailed reports of their returns and feedback against expected standards
- Devising methods to build long lasting relationships with new and existing customers through continuous reaching out
- Collect feedback for existing marketing campaigns and alter the marketing strategies according to these feedbacks
- Creating, proofreading and editing for various marketing sources to ensure consistency in branding
Marketing Specialist Salaries
- The average salary for a marketing specialist is USD 4,010 per month. Salaries start from USD 1,590 and go up to USD 6,625.
- The salaries vary over geographies, responsibility portfolio and company and operations size.
- Salaries also vary depending on the candidate’s previous experiences and success of marketing projects
Marketing Specialist Job Qualifications
Here is a list of the qualifications which hiring directors across the globe look for while hiring marketing specialist:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business or other related fields
- Experienced in conducting and analysing market researches and surveys
- Good understanding of Microsoft Office and relevant content management systems (CMS) used in the organisation
- Experience conducting product launches and integrated marketing campaigns
- Experience in project management and cross-functional teams operations
- HTML and AdobeAcrobat usage experience would be beneficial
Marketing Specialist Skills Required
Here is a list of few skills which will be helpful in the daily functioning as a marketing specialist:
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, specially excel and powerpoint
- Goal oriented and customer oriented
- Multi-project management skills, adhering to timelines and performing under pressure to achieve the targets
- Analysis and presentation of market data using charts
- Experience in conducting marketing researches with data analytics softwares
- Familiar with traditional and digital marketing techniques
- Flexible to adapt to current trends and mould marketing campaigns accordingly
- Good interpersonal skills to ensure smooth coordination between various parties and relationship building skills
- Creative mindset to think out of the box strategies to gain customer attention
- Ability to think in a structured manner in order to execute marketing campaigns efficiently
- Ability to run multiple campaigns parallely without diluting the brand image of the company
- Well developed communication, writing and presentation skills
- Familiar with control management systems and customer relationship management softwares
What to expect as a Marketing Specialist
Here’s what it's like to be a marketing specialist:
- You will need to research and analyze data throughout the year. Working hours will be reasonable during normal times but at the execution stage of campaigns, candidate is expected to devote longer hours
- Due to multiple projects running simultaneously, the candidate will have to work on strict deadlines and multitask continuously.
- Specialists are expected to keep themselves updated with the daily trends in the target customer market and be on the lookout for opportunities to tap into.
Job Description Template
Do you want to read this later?