As the marketing director, you would be responsible for laying out the company’s brand name and core strategies. You would also be responsible for inter-departmental coordination and ensure marketing plans are backed by subsequent production schedules. The role would also include analysis of trends, looking out for opportunities and decision making of key factors determining the company's future growth.
Job Responsibilities for Marketing Director
Here is a list of the duties for which a marketing director will be responsible:
- Core marketing strategy ideation, formulation and implementation
- Laying out the brand image and corporate identity of the company
- Laying out the implementation plan for the marketing strategy and decentralization of work among other executives
- Establishing a target market for the firm and ensuring the growth of the target market share over years
- Decision making of the marketing channels to choose for executing the marketing campaigns
- Coordination with the production and operations teams in order to ensure supply with growing market share
- Analysis of macro elements and prediction of market trends in future, calculating the opportunity for growth and possible markets to penetrate in future
- Conduct periodic analysis of short term market trends and adaptation of ongoing marketing strategies response to changes in such trends
- Building relations with marketing agencies and media partners to ensure advantageous contracts
- Develop new branding strategies for additional products and services of the company
- Developing a strong marketing team, hiring new talent and ensure team works towards common goals
Marketing Director Salaries
- The average salary for a marketing director is USD 9,000 per month. Salaries start from USD 5,500 and go up to USD 13,500.
- The salaries vary over geographies, responsibility portfolio and company and operations size.
- Salaries also vary depending on the candidate’s previous experiences and success of marketing projects.
Marketing Director Job Qualifications
Here is a list of the qualifications which hiring directors across the globe look for while hiring marketing directors:
- Either a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business or a masters in marketing or an MBA
- Prior experience in leading a marketing team and having marketing campaign experience
- Ability to allocate the optimum amount of funds for marketing campaigns and ensure that campaigns do not exceed budgets.
- Strong project management, multi-tasking and decision making skills backed with prior experience
- Ability to layout detailed plans, keep updated with market trends and regularly update with marketing tools to improve efficiency
- SEO and PPC experience would be beneficial
- Around 8+ years of experience in the marketing industry as a marketing executive or similar roles
Marketing Director Skills Required
Here is a list of few skills which will be helpful in the daily functioning as a marketing director:
- Good interpersonal skills in order to develop and maintain customer relationships
- Customer focused attitude
- Have analytical skills to keep track of marketing trends
- Knowledge and experience in using SEO and PPC forms of marketing
- Experience in operating on CRM platforms and learning about new technologies in order to improve efficiency
- Multi-project management skills, adhering to timelines and performing under pressure to achieve the targets
- Necessary skills to set standards for content creating and evaluating the campaign performance
- Experience in digital marketing, social media marketing, email marketing and other traditional forms of marketing
- Flexible to adapt to current trends and mould marketing campaigns accordingly
- Ability to take calculated risks and work towards intuition derived from analysis of customer data
What to expect as a Marketing Director
Here’s what it's like to be a marketing director:
- You will get in the habit of putting your customer first. A successful marketing director is one who can satisfy their customers. Thus they have to think from the customer’s point of view.
- As the marketing director, you will have to juggle between multiple projects and ensure all run smoothly. Adhering to timelines and working under pressure is a part of the process.
- Constantly observe target markets and be innovative to formulate strategies and new lead new marketing campaigns
- Marketing directors can usually expect stability of job and income given they constantly update themselves with technology and digital platforms
Job Description Template
Do you want to read this later?