As the marketing assistant, you will be responsible for implementing the marketing strategies with the marketing executives, creating marketing surveys, doing market research and finding meaningful points from the data, presenting the insights before the team and communicating the correct meaning of these insights. You will also be responsible for creating various marketing contents which will be uploaded to the websites and social media and devising long term relations with the existing and future clients and vendors.
Job Responsibilities for Marketing Assistant
Here is a list of the duties for which a marketing assistant will be responsible:
- Implementation of marketing strategies, campaigns and timelines prepared by the marketing departments.
- Finding meaningful data from the market researches and presenting them to the marketing teams in order to focus energy towards the important areas and maintaining databases for the same
- Creating marketing surveys, defining target markets and collecting survey data from these markets, analysing the data from surveys and publishing internal articles for the same.
- Aid the marketing executives in executing their tasks
- Coordinate and work with the marketing department to come up with new marketing and branding strategies, marketing campaigns, promotions, etc.
- Preparation of marketing content for the company and posting the same on company’s website and social media pages
- Track and observe the marketing strategies and create presentations for the response of the implemented strategies
- Devising methods to build long lasting relationships with new and existing customers through continuous reaching out
- Applying marketing analytics tools to interpret the market datas
- Creating, proofreading and editing for various marketing sources to ensure consistency in branding
Marketing Assistant Salaries
- The average salary for a marketing assistant is USD 4,910 per month.
- The salaries vary over geographies, responsibility portfolio and company and operations size and the candidate’s previous experiences and success of marketing projects.
Marketing Assistant Job Qualifications
Here is a list of the qualifications which hiring directors across the globe look for while hiring marketing assistant:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, Communications or other related fields
- Prior job experience as a marketing assistant or in related fields
- Good understanding of Microsoft Office and relevant content management systems (CMS) used in the organisation
- Experience in project management, customer management and multitasking among different roles
- HTML and AdobeAcrobat usage experience would be necessary.
Marketing Assistant Skills Required
Here is a list of few skills which will be helpful in the daily functioning as a marketing assistant:
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, specially excel and powerpoint
- Goal oriented and customer oriented
- Multi-project management skills, adhering to timelines and performing under pressure to achieve the targets
- Developed written and verbal communication skills
- Good understanding of basic business and marketing principles and ability to adapt to the company’s business model
- Ability to search for opportunities in marketing datas and identify emerging trends
- Experience in conducting marketing researches with data analytics softwares
- Familiar with traditional and digital marketing techniques, especially social media
- Analysis and presentation of market data using charts
- Good interpersonal skills to ensure smooth coordination between various parties and relationship building skills to develop positive relations with clients
- Creative mindset to think out of the box strategies to gain customer attention
- Ability to coordinate and execute tasks with marketing executives
- Familiar with control management systems and customer relationship management softwares
What to expect as a Marketing Assistant
Here’s what it’s like to be a marketing assistant:
- You will need to research and analyze data throughout the year. Working hours will be reasonable during normal times but might differ at times depending on the marketing executives
- Due to multiple projects running simultaneously, the candidate will have to work on strict deadlines and multitask continuously.
- Assistants are expected to keep themselves updated with the daily trends in the target customer market and be on the lookout for opportunities to tap into.
- Assistants should expect to maintain great interpersonal skills with the team members and work with them simultaneously to implement strategies