As the marketing analyst, you will be responsible for performing various marketing researches, collecting and analyzing data, maintaining databases and presentation of the analyzed data before the marketing team. You will also be responsible for finding opportunities and trends in the statistical data, forecast upcoming trends and also measure the effectiveness of current marketing campaigns using statistical information. In addition to this, you will be responsible for making recommendations on the current campaigns and communicating to the respective departments what needs to be improved based on customer feedback.
Job Responsibilities for Marketing Analyst
Here is a list of the duties for which a marketing analyst will be responsible:
- Performing vivid and reliable market research SWOT analysis of the company and of key competitors in the market.
- Develop methods for data collection through surveys, questionnaires, opinion polls, etc. and decide the target audience for these data collection
- Perform analysis on the data collected from time to time using modern and traditional methods and highlight the key focus areas for the marketing team.
- Recommend improvements in the current marketing campaigns on the basis of primary research findings
- Keep updated with ongoing market trends, previous trends and its impact on the market
- Forecast upcoming trends in the market segment and communicate these trends to the team in order to respond to these trends in an appropriate way
- Measure the effectiveness of current marketing campaigns, advertisements, etc.
- Compiling customer preferences and feedbacks followed by recommending improvements in the current methods to the respective teams
- Use intelligence tools to monitor current customers and tap into potential untapped customer segments
- Conducting research on buying habits of target market and its correlation with variou economic events.
Marketing Analyst Salaries
- The average salary for a marketing analyst is USD 5,170 per month. Salaries start from USD 2,200 and go up to USD 8,084.
- The salaries vary over geographies, responsibility portfolio and company and operations size and the candidate’s previous experiences and success of marketing projects
Marketing Analyst Job Qualifications
Here is a list of the qualifications which hiring directors across the globe look for while hiring marketing analyst:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, Communications or other related fields
- Prior job experience in marketing research, statistical analysis or in related fields
- Good understanding of Search Engine Optimisation, marketing databases, email and social media marketing
- Prior experience with Tableau or any other data visualisation tools.
- Working knowledge of data warehousing and mining, CIRM softwares and statistical packages and databases.
Marketing Analyst Skills Required
Here is a list of few skills which will be helpful in the daily functioning as a marketing analyst:
- Ability to match up with fast paced work life
- Excellent IT skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, specially excel and powerpoint
- Goal oriented and customer oriented
- Multi-project management skills, adhering to timelines and performing under pressure to achieve the targets
- Ability to attention to detail along with a strong analytical mind
- Developed written and verbal communication skills as well as organizational skills
- Good analytical skills to notice patterns and trends in statistical data
- Ability to search for opportunities in marketing datas and identify emerging trends
- Flexibility and willingness to learn new skills
- Experience in conducting marketing researches with data analytics softwares
- Analysis and presentation of market data using charts
- Good interpersonal skills to ensure smooth coordination between various parties and relationship building skills to develop positive relations with clients
- Familiarity with new and existing data collection and visualisation softwares
- Ability to coordinate and execute tasks with marketing executives
- Familiar with control management systems and customer relationship management softwares
What to expect as a Marketing Analyst
Here’s what it's like to be a marketing analyst:
- You will need to research and analyze data throughout the year. Working hours will be reasonable generally but might extend beyond normal on occasions
- As a marketing analyst, you will never go out of demand because all industries require an analyst to analyse the market and expand it
- Due to multiple projects running simultaneously, the candidate will have to work on strict deadlines and multitask continuously.
- Analysts are expected to keep themselves updated with the daily trends in the target customer market and be on the lookout for opportunities to tap into.
Job Description Template
Do you want to read this later?